Sunday, January 21, 2007

My inner middleaged woman lets her hair down

It was only by chance that I suddenly found myself at a Carroll Thompson and Janet Kay gig at Jazz Café in Camden this Saturday, but I really enjoyed letting my inner middle-aged women out singing along to “Three little birds” “If you knew how much you I loved you” and other lovers rocks classics.

It was actually a relief to two step and sing along for once, instead of nodding my head knowingly to some electronic fusion, jumping and stepping like mad to prove that you CAN enjoy techno and house without drugs, doing cool boogie moves to jazz, shaking my hair to a be-pimpled guitar band or shaking my bum to R&R – am I the only one who’s knees hurt after a whole night of R&B?

When Janet Kay said “next time, bring you teenage kids, and show them some music with love in, cos there’s not enough loooove in the new music, no there’s not enough loooooove” I knew I was in the right place. I’ll be an excellent middle-aged woman.

Then a guy behind me grabbed my bum and kind of ruined the magic. That would never have happened in a place where everyone’s to cool, too fucked, or too serious to admit they have sexual urges. But still, it’s all in the name of love.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?