Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Knock me out, tie me down

Want to run away again. It's too easy here, life. Too familiar.

I must feel under pressure and challenged to feel my own identity.

Only when my life situation squeezes me on each side can I feel my own shape. Only when people around me provide a different coloured background can I see my own colour. Only when situations make me cry laugh and shout can I feel my own emotions. Only when every day challenges me can I feel that I achieve something. Only when I'm racing ahead do I feel that time is fulfilled. Only when my prejudices are challenged on a daily basis do I feel my mind develop.

My mother said to me "when everything is TOO exciting, you have no time to develop yourself".
Buddhist monks sit under a tree all day, developing their minds. How do they find wisdom enough in books and old men and their own minds? What kind of wisdom do they achieve?

I must be the epitome of western obsession with speed, of fear of emptiness; I cannot comprehend how the world you have inside yourself can be enough.

Perhaps the world you create with another person, in love, can be enough.

Give me some tranquilisers.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysticism

Having experiences with that, makes travels to Mars make little sense.
 
Well, didn't Siddhartha Gothama trave India and experience all different kinds of life befre he was ready to meditate and enter a transcedental state?
 
I guess you are right. Knowledge and experience is very important.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?