Saturday, March 10, 2007

Outlawed happiness

"Yes, I'm a complete outlaw, but I'm true to myself, and I'm happy". The fact that he can say this, over a distance of 6 years and a lot of space, makes me believe in the possibility of real freeedom and real happiness.

A life which isn't controlled my the market powers, other people's influence and uncontrollable desires.

A life which is free and where I don't have to be afraid of failing somehow.
Because what should I fail in? I decide the criteria for success in my life, nobody else does. If I am stressed about something, I am letting myself be stressed, because I have decided an issue is worth stressing about.

I can just let it go, and fall and watch it shatter on the ground and see how little it relly meant. If I want to.

There really is a way to live honestly and truly and turning 40 without beginning to think that sofas and the colour of curtains are important. There really is a way not to care about the criteria for succes that society imposes on your mind.

There really is a way not to give into materialism and career bullshit and fear of being alone.

And for that, no matter what else he ever did to me, I am so grateful to him.

Most of all, because he laughed when I explained all my stress and my worries and said "you're the same as you always were. You may think that you are tangled up in all these worries and obligations, but it is only on the surface. Look closely at your life: You do, ultimately, do what you want. You ARE true to yourself. And you sense it, immidatey, when you're life is on the wrong track. Don't worry, you'll be fine I you just let go". And I did.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Existentialism at its best.

Now, that you got that part of life cleared out, it is time to move on to the occult.
 
:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?