Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Secret snobbery

I know it's there. Behind their beautiful faces and friendly laughs. They will never show it to me, my darling girlfriends. They will never show their snobby claws to me. Because I am one of them. I understand.

They know in their hearts I'm not, but I have the right attributes and I knwo how to behave in good company. Oh yes, I can behave like a laaaaaaaady, but I'm not.

"I think Charlotte has become a bit of a proletarian lately, you know, since she got her new job...you can't blame her, obviously you associate with the people you work with, I just mean...." my friend says, very drunk. But she said it. I was too drunk to say what I should have said: "well, you have become a bit of a snob, haven't you?"

"Trucker-Marian" says my other friend as a joke, cos I am holding my cigaret in my mouth. No hands. Bad manners. It was a joke, but I snapped "yes, we all know, people who hold their cigarets like that are loosers, don't we".


I love them, I do, they're so close to me, but after all this time, I see their middelclass upbringing clamping down on their brains.

Such a waste of life, spending time worrying about your position compared to everybody elses. Surely it doesn't make you happy? Just get so shocked when I realise how many people think so differently to me. Guess that makes me narrow minded in my own way too : ) I judge just as much as they do....on the other hand, I judge them BECAUSE they judge other people. I wouldn't judge any other things they do. Not their shopping-cleaning-diet regimes, just their damned snobbery.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?